Monday, March 28, 2011

Week 14: Appliance Selection

Hello everyone! Our kitchen appliances came in today! HH Gregg was advertising a fabulous sale on a GE suite (refrigerator, stove, microwave, and dishwasher) so we decided to go in and check it out. Unfortunately, the fridge included in the sale did not have an outside ice and water dispenser, so that was pretty much a deal breaker for us.

However, upon talking to the salesman on-site, he told us that we could pretty much make our own package of appliances to create our own deal, how cool is that? So...in our custom designed GE suite we were able to get the fridge with the ice/water dispenser, the gas stove (which surprisingly cost as much as the electric), the over-the-range microwave, and the upgraded dishwasher with the stainless steel tub for...drumroll please...under $3000! I thought that was a great deal considering the Samsung fridge that I originally had been drooling over cost the same amount! Although, I like the fancy things in life, this girl has gotta be practical, especially when it comes to kitchen appliances. After all, Justin  will be using them the most, not me! :)

Anyway, the appliances were delivered to our house shorly thereafter. Here is the dishwasher. Since I am the one that does the dishes, the is defnitely one appliance that I'll be using. To demonstrate its quietness the saleman put his cell phone in the floor model dishwasher and let it ring. I swear, I couldn't hear a thing! Not like I was ever bothered by a noisy dishwasher, but the fact that it was so quiet was pretty cool!


Here is the stove. We got a gas stove because we have gas lines for it (It's not like we switched from electric or anything). We opted for the four burner top, as opposed to the five burner, because we didn't really see ourselves using all five burners at the same time. For just the two us and the way we cook, four burners would be more than enough.



Lastly, is the fridge! I really wanted a fridge with the freezer on the bottom.  In the past, many frozen food items have fallen on me in both my parent's side-by-side fridge as well as Justin's former apartment's top freezer. For both my sanity and my toes, a freezer drawer was a must have. For Justin and the gallons of water he drinks, the water dispenser on the outside was a must for him.


Note: There are no pics of the over-the-range microwave because it was still in the box.

Update: So far we are loving our new appliances. However, one of  gas burners on our cooktop isn't working (is that an installation issue?) and the plastic area over ice/water button on our fridge has already started bubbling. Boo hiss! Probably due to overuse. In the future, I would opt for SEPARATE ice and water buttons. No big deal, but aesthetically it doesn't look too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment