Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Week 4: Pile O' Kitchen

Welcome back from a not-so-good weekend (Yes, I know it’s Tuesday, it always seems like I’m behind).  The shooting in Arizona hit a nerve with me, since our new home is one mile away from the U.S. Capitol building, and Justin and I have a lot of friends who work for Congress.  Kentucky losses in both football and basketball, a tough loss by my beloved Terps to Duke, and more bad news regarding a loved one made it an overall bad weekend for me.  L Here’s hoping the rest of the week will be better.  Sorry to start off the post like a Negative Nancy, but I will now change the subject.

Anyway, I am behind a week on giving you an update on our house. I figure, rather than ramble on about the renovation I should just show you.

This permit means we're too legit to quit...aka: the house is ready for some MAJOR renovation!


This is a view from the entrance of the dining room from the hallway with Justin peering into the "kitchen".  As you can see they are prepping to knock that wall down.


Where's the kitchen?


Here's the kitchen! Or at least where it's supposed to be.  This is the view from the former kitchen entryway of our new kitchen foundation in progress.

 

Here is what remains of our old kitchen.


This is Justin in the room above the kitchen.  They had to remove part of the wall on the second floor because the new kitchen extention will be taller than the original.


This week the FHA inspector will be coming out to look at the first phase of our renovation.  He will make sure that the work done so far meets FHA standards.  In addition, we'll get the go ahead to move on to the next steps in our renovation.  Justin won't be there for the inspection, so it will be just me.  I'm hoping it will go off without a hitch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment