Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Merry Month of May: Filipino Edition

It appears that through the month of May I had a bit of a blog draught. I guess I was just that busy? Excuses are usual from me. Anyway, one of the highlights of May was the Cultural Showcase that I participated in at my work as a part of Asian Pacific Heritgage Month. I have done a LOT of Filipino dances in the past, but me and a group of Filipinas at my work did one that I have never done before. It's called "Kuratsa" which is a Filipino courtship dance originating from Visayas (a province in the Philippines). You can find out more about it here. You might be wondering, "How in the world does a group of women do a courtship dance?" Beats me, but we did it. Here are some pictures before our performance:

Deb and I waiting for our group to be called


Gotta love the filipinana sleeves!



 And no without further ado, here is our performance. Enjoy!













No comments:

Post a Comment