Friday, May 27, 2011

Living on the (L)edge

Before I continue, I must say that my cheesy side was definitely kicking in when thinking of a title of this post. I thought of the line from the song "Jumper" from Third Eye Blind that goes, "I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend," to Linkin Park's debut hit, "One Step Closer" which belts out: "Everything you say to me, Takes me one step closer to the edge (and I'm about to break)." But alas, I settled on Aerosmith's "Living on the Edge." Anyway, you get the point that post is about edges/ledges so let me get to the point of the story...


While Justin and I were at work we asked one of our friends to come by the house while our blinds were being installed. He asked to borrow Justin's car and this is what happened (I knew it would happen sooner or later).






We have a ledge in our backyard/parking pad. During our home inspection the inspector suggested that we get a fence to indicate the drop off. As you can see we have not done that yet and the pictures you see now are what happens when you aren't aware of the step...the car falls off.  Here's a closer view of said incident:





At this angle, cosmetically it doesn't look "too bad" (e.g.: the wheel and/or bumper didn't fly off), I guess it what's going on under the chassis that you have to be worried about.  However, it should be noted that the lights on dashboard are lit up. How dropping off a step caused that happen, I have no clue...Anyway, they're taking ol' Onyx to the shop tomorrow so we'll have to see what the diagnosis is. Oh, yeah, Onyx is what I named Justin's car. Yes, Slam (Let the Boys be Boys). hehehe...sorry for my goofiness, but it's a Friday before a long weekend, can you blame me?



**Update**
Justin took the car to the shop and luckily, as predicted there was no "major" damage, some broken electrical wires which ended up costing a few hundred bucks, but on the bright side it could have been a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment