Monday, July 2, 2012

Rules of Engagement (Pics)

Hello Everybody! I hope everyone survived the weekend! A major storm tore through the DC metro area and left many without power. Luckily, the Brioni were left unscathed. Too bad I couldn't say the same for one of our neighbors one street over.





Yikes. On a brighter note (excuse the poor transition!), it's me and Justin's anniversary tomorrow and to celebrate I wanted to take a trip down memory lane, starting with our engagement session. Since we were getting married in California and our wedding was Kentucky Derby themed we couldn't think of a better place to do our e-session than the Del Mar Racetrack, the premier horse racing track in San Diego. The track is located right on the water and it provided us with stunning views and a picturesque backdrop for our photos.


Here is the beautiful fountain located in the paddock area (where the horses parade before a race)...




The up close shot made the water look like fireworks!




The archways provided unique architectural detail and complemented our attire!




I love the silhouettes in the shot but for some reason I feel like I look like a marionette! byebyebye...LOL!




Going in for the kill kiss...




I call this, "Justin's disappearing hand" since he was so pale (it was February after all) his hand seemed to disappear, ha!




And of course the picture that was featured on our save the date magnet. Even though it's been two years, I still get a smile on my face whenever I see it on someone's fridge.




A black and white pic for good measure....




And this one reminds me of high school in the 1950s. I don't know if the poses or my dress that makes it seem retro. The caption should read, "Of course I'll let you carry my books and walk me home, teehee!"




Lastly, this one is of Justin and I "placing our bets." Too bad I don't usually look this ecstatic when I place my bets at Derby. Usually I am a couple of mint juleps deep, frantically flipping through my program trying to remember the horse's names. hehehe...




So that's our engagement shoot in a nutshell. I feel that e-sessions help capture the couple's interests and personalities in photographic form. I think our photos truly captured Justin and I and the special meaning the Bluegrass state and the Kentucky Derby has for the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment