Saturday, February 12, 2011

Week 8: Let there be Light!

In a measly attempt to get you all caught up on what's been going on with the house, I'm going to be putting up a bunch of posts (hopefully in a somewhat rapid succession) on all things house! Yay! Honestly, on the blog I refer to various different renovations in terms of weeks (Week 1, Week 2, etc.), but I don't know if my timeline is very accurate anymore.  To keep it as chronologically accurate as I can, I have backdated them, so you can see the flow of the progress (e.g. I am writing about a change in the house now, but I am dating around the time it happened). Thanks Em for that helpful tip! Anyway, on to the pictures! 


This is Justin trying to get into the back of the house. As you can see, the outside of the addition is pretty much done--minus the trash, lack of rear porch light, etc....well, okay, it still needs some more work done, but I'd say it looks pretty good so far. The siding that our contractor used is supposed to be better than vinyl siding (although I don't remember what the name of it is). It still needs to be painted to match the rest of the house.



Here's a general shot of the inside of the house. As you can see, recessed lights have been put into the ceiling. Also, I don't know if you all remember, but there was a ceiling fan in the dining room and that has been removed as well. I thought it would be kinda weird having a ceiling fan turned on above you while you eat, anyway. We'll probably remove it and replace it with a chandelier. What kind? I have no clue, but I'll for sure let you know when the time comes.




Here's another view of the recessed lighting. It's pretty cool how a few extra lights can totally brighten up a space. The old fridge in the corner is still alive and kicking. I think it's the only thing left from our old kitchen. I was contemplating whether or not to keep it in the basement (like a traditional Filipino family with their extra fridge in their basement/garage). I think it could be useful (Can anyone say keg-o-rator?!), but then the thought of additional appliance adding to our energy bill does not sound very appealing...oh well, something else to think about...now on to the next house post, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment