Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Year's Resolutions



With 2012 right around the corner, I've started thinking about some New Year's Resolutions. I know that resolutions are often broken, but I figured I should have something at least to strive for in the new year.  Here are the things topping out my list:

  1. Lose weight.  30 pounds to be exact.  Yes, yes...I know the whole weight thing goes without saying for new year's resolutions, but I'm serious this time. I really need to start giving a damn (excuse my language :).  For some reason I'm in some type of "I don't care mode" that I haven't figured out how to disarm.  Hopefully, training for the DC Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in March will be the kick in the butt that I need to get started.
  2. Wear high heels once a week.  That sounds like a weird resolution but I have a whole closet of heels that I don't wear (see above "I don't care mode" for the rationale).  I drive to work (as opposed to riding the metro) and my job doesn't require me to be on my feet.  I have an awesome collection of heels that I don't wear out of sheer laziness, so I figured it would be a good time to blow the dust off of them and show them off!
  3. Style my hair once a week.  If you know me, you know that I've worn my hair long for as long as I can remember and I really don't do anything to it.  Bor-ring.  I spend so much money highlighting, coloring, and cutting it, the least I can do is make it look its best.  My styling tools (hair curler, rollers, and flat iron) will probably have to come out of hiding as well.
  4. Learn how to braid.  Not simple braids but, you know, the more complicated ones (e.g.: french, fishtail, inverted, etc.).  Kind of related to resolution #3, but a bit more specific.  I honestly have no excuse since there are so my instructional videos on YouTube that can show you how, like this one:

What about you? Have you started thinking about your New Years resolutions yet? Do you make a resolution (or two) or since most resolutions are broken do you forgo the idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment