Thursday, June 20, 2013

Wedding Review: Reunited (in FL) and It Feels So Good

A few weekends ago, Justin and I went to the wedding of our friends, Jenn and Ian. We flew into Destin, Florida, excited to be there to celebrate their special day.  In addition, we were excited to be reunited with some of our other friends we hadn't seen in quite some time.

We got there and the weather was amazing! Too bad we would later find out that the clouds in the sky were an ominous sign of the terrible weather that was to follow.


We started our Saturday with breakfast at the Donut Hole.  I got the "diet plate" (ironic since it definitely wasn't light in any way, LOL), which consisted of sausage, biscuits and gravy. The biscuits were the right mix of crunchy and fluffy and the gravy was phenomenal.  Justin got the monster omelet that was filed with all the fixings.
 

Justin waiting for me to take the picture so he can dig in. Oops. I kinda cut off his big head.


After brunch, we managed to get in some pool time; however, we couldn't stay out too long because we had a wedding to go to!

 

I'll try to give you a brief synopsis on this lovely couple.
 
Boy and girl meet as kids.
Boy and girl go their separate ways, but reconnect in the nation's capitol.
Couple gets engaged, then Boy gets deployed to Afghanistan for a year. :(
Couple reunites which brings us to the wedding today!
 
yay!
 
Now for the eye candy. Here are some of my shots from the wedding!

Here comes the bride...


 Here comes the Joos...


The bridal party...


Exchanging their vows...


The father-daughter dance...
    

A beautiful shot of the wedding party in front of the bay. The ceremony was very personalized.  Short and sweet to boot! ;)


The first dance!


The cute penguin cake toppers...


Cutting the cake...


 But kept it classy of course...no cake shoving here...lol...


The toasts by the Maid of Honor and the Best Man...

 
Cheers!
 
 

Followed by dancing and plenty of drinks...

After the wedding, we all headed to Rum Runners, a dueling piano bar located in The Village of Baytowne Wharf (it reminded me of Downtown Disney!). This place was fairly close to our hotel. I soon realized that I was super dehydrated from all the day drinking I had done earlier, coupled with the drinking from the wedding reception. I barely drank anything (non-alcoholic that is) since we left the pool! Whoopsy! PS-for all my Cooley Law folk, this Rum Runners is related to the one in Lansing (they are part of the same chain!), who would have thought?


My public service announcement would be, "Drink lots of water when drinking in warm climates people!"


A blurry picture of Justin and I...


The wedding party was somewhere in that crowd. I was attached firmly on my barstool, LOL. The piano players gave #jennandian plenty of shout outs.

 
That was my wedding weekend in a nutshell. The day after the wedding isn't really worth mentioning because it poured down rain all day. It completely ruined any plans that we had on going to the beach or water park.  On the bright side, I had my first Publix chicken tender sandwich, yum!

Anyways, I can't believe their one year engagement has flown by, and they now are officially married. Man, how time flies! Thank you for allowing the Brioni to be part of your special day. Congratulations to #jennandian!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment