Monday, September 16, 2013

A Blog Break and Our Trip to Boston

Excuse the radio silence...
 
I know it's been about a month since my last blog post and I apologize for not keeping you informed about all things Brioni. My work initially blocked all things blog-related but has since removed the block (I don't write these at work, I swear! ;)
 
Anyway, I have a bunch of half finished posts that I'll try to complete so sorry I'm not sorry if it seems like "old news."
 
* * * * *
 
Now back to the regularly scheduled old as heck blog post. :)
 
Before and after the wedding, Justin and I spent some time in Boston. We stayed near Fenway for the duration of Boston leg of the trip. As soon as we arrived, we hit up a nearby brewery called Boston Beer Works. They make all their brews in house so of course I opted to get a sampler! My favorite ones were the the blueberry beer (the second from the left) with fresh blueberries and the pumpkin beer on the far right, rimmed with cinnamon and sugar!

 
We also watched a Sox/Yankees game at Fenway. It was a packed house to see this rivalry!

  
 
As intimate and historical as Fenway is, I like Nationals Ballpark better. Call me biased, but I like how at Nats Park they have beer vendors that serve you in your seat. I like having cupholders. Where else can you get a Ben's half smoke and a Shake Shake burger in the same place? Although Nats Ballpark is a gargantuan stadium full of concrete, I like having a view of the entire field no matter where you sit. I must value modern conveniences more than nostalgia. ;)

 
With all the injuries the Yankees had and the whole A-Rod scandal, I'm sure this game could have been more epic...but it was still a fun experience since I had no loyalty to either team. 
 
 
See how full it was?
 
 
The bullpen. It looked like if you were seated close enough you could reach down in it!
 
 
The Green Monstahhhh (said with Bostonian accent)!
 

Surprisingly, although the Red Sox were crushing the Yankees the crowd stayed for a majority of the game. At the end of the game, the droves headed out...probably looking for something to eat. 


So that's what we did :)


Honestly, the food outside of the ballpark at the various carts tasted better (and had better value!) than the food in the ballpark!
 
In addition to hitting up a baseball game, we also had a side trip to Plymouth Rock.
 
Here's a replica ship, perhaps like the one the early settlers sailed in on.

 
Justin and I thought it was interesting how these boats were docked. You would drop anchor in this inlet and a little rowboat would take you to the dock.
 
 
Ta-da! The Plymouth Rock. Sorry for the shadow, I couldn't get a good angle!
 
 
Apparently, this is only a small piece of the huge boulder the Pilgrims landed on. Instead of thinking of Pilgrims, Native Americans and whatnot, all I could think of was the famous (or infamous?) line from Malcolm X referring to Plymouth Rock. You know which one it is ;)
 
 
So that was our Boston trip in a nutshell! I'll leave you with a perfect shot of my Spanish latte from Pavement Coffeehouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment