Friday, October 18, 2013

Farewell to the ACC!

It seems almost coincidental with Maryland leaving the ACC and that amazing win against ranked Virginia over the weekend, that I run across an old, unposted blog post from Maryland Midnight Madness last fall.
 
 A Testudo statue in Stamp Student Union...
 
 
A blurry picture with our best player (Justin! D'oh!), Dez Wells! Here's funny story. The guy in line in front of me wanted the players to sign his poster with a blue sharpie, but Dez expressed his dislike for the color blue and refused, signaling his forced departure from Xavier a few years ago...

 
Me and Charles Mitchell with the 2002 National Championship trophy, woohoo!

 
Now on to the Madness! The iconic Cole Field House...
 
 
There was a lot of nostalgia since we were in Cole, but the program seemed a little long, especially for the attention span of undergrads!
 
Introduction of former coaches and players
 
 
 
On to the scrimmage!
 
 
 
Unfortunately my presence at at pre-season events doesn't bode with my teams. Attending training camp for my Skins and Maryland Madness for my Terps have both amounted to less-than-stellar seasons. Womp womp.
 
What do my fellow Terps think? Are you sad/glad that Maryland is moving to the Big Ten? Think we can make a run in the ACC Tournament and make the Big Dance? Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment