Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Chi-rish Wedding Weekend: Congrats James and Anne!

Yes! I'm back! And I'm actually going to post about something that just happened over the weekend. Justin and I just returned from a fabulous weekend celebrating James and Anne's wedding in Chicago. We had such a blast hanging out with everyone. It was both a beautiful ceremony and fun reception. Although I didn't take too many pictures here are some shots that  I took:

Here's Justin and I enjoying ourselves at the reception (he was a groomsman, not a Chippendale's dancer, lol).




Here is a pic of the guys getting their picture taken in front of the church:


Here is a pic of the lovely bride and groom (borrowed from my friend, Rich!):


Did I mention that this was an Irish-themed wedding? With both the bride and the groom being of Irish descent, there were tons of Irish touches. From the wedding itself being St. Patrick's Day weekend to the kelly green bridesmaid dresses and the bagpiper playing at the end of the wedding ceremony, you could see Irish details from beginning to end.  However, it didn't stop there! The following clip is what totally blew my mind:


Irish dancing! They started off playing a song about the Southside Irish (since Anne is from Southside Chicago) and then I was completely floored when a circle formed on the dance floor and members of the bride's family and friends started Irish dancing! I can honestly say that I've never seen that at a wedding before and to have your loved ones performing makes it that much more personal!

I had not been to Chicago in a couple years and it was so nice to come back for such an occasion. Congratulations again to James and Anne!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment