Thursday, March 17, 2011

Week 12: Green Paint Overkill?

Here I am backtracking on blog posts, trying to get you all up to speed on what's going on with the house. Anyway, this week the kitchen and room formerly known as the pink room* got a new coat of paint. In the kitchen, I selected Benjamin Moore's Gulliford Green and in the pink room I chose Kittery Point Green. Unfortunately, I can't find a new pic of the "pink room" now "green room", but here are some pics of the kitchen...

The picture is kind of dark but Gulliford Green is more of a green with a tint of grey which I thought would be nice for the kitchen...



I chose both of these colors from the Benjamin Moore Historical Colors palette.  According to the Benjamin Moore website, "This palette of 174 time-honored colors is our most popular. Inspired by the colors found in 18th- and 19th-century U.S. architecture, these classic, inviting hues continue to serve us well today." I don't know about you, but I think that screams Capitol Hill rowhouse don't you think?

 

The thing about the Benjamin Moore Historical Colors is that they are timeless and traditional, however, they are a bit muted. And...through no fault other than my own, I just picked shades of green for two of the rooms in our house. Hopefully it won't be green overkill. As much as I love the look of the historical colors, I'll try to mix it up with some new colors. For a house that was
built in the 1900s, I still gotta keep it fresh for the current era. J

*We named our third bedroom/den the pink room because it was painted pink and it used to be the room of the daugher of the previous owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment