Thursday, April 18, 2013

Weekend Review: Good Eating and House Guests!

Wow, I've hit an all time low on my weekend reviews. I know I'm already a week two weeks behind but I wanted to let you know about the awesome weekend I had (er...a couple weeks ago).

First stop, Justin, Mike and I took a mini road trip to Baltimore. For dinner we stopped by Chap's Pit Beef of Man v. Food, Diners Drive-ins and Dives (DDD) and Bizarre Foods fame. And wouldn't you know it's in the parking lot of a strip club. The Gold Club to be exact ;)


Justin and Mike about to enter...not knowing the glorious meat-fest that was about to commence...


I got the Guy's Triple D which consisted of pit beef, corned beef and sausage. I didn't eat the bread, but ate it with a side of sauerkraut. It was yummy!


After gorging ourselves on pit beef deliciousness I headed to the Baltimore Tattoo Convention. Here are some shots of the side show acts. There was also a suspension (!) but I didn't get pictures of that...



Sarah Miller of Ink Master fame was there working...


And here I am with the master of "bubble girlie style" Kristel Oreto...I swear, she is all over Pinterest!


The next day was Louie's Birthday so we stopped by Howl to the Chief on 8th St to check out some birthday treats...


There were plenty of adorable treats like these doggie cookie sandwiches...


But we decided on getting a couple of cupcakes.


One for Louie and one for Derby.


Look at how slobbery excited Louie is. He can hardly contain himself.


Did I mention we had some out of town guests? Justin's roommate from college, his wife, and his brother-in-law stayed with us on Saturday! They were in town visiting from Chicago (the BIL lives locally). First stop on the tourist adventure, Eastern Market where we saw some interesting street performers! 


That evening, while Justin and our visitors headed to H. St. Jill and I went to Echostage to hear Calvin Harris! For all my my non-EDM fans you've heard his music, but probably didn't know it was him. His songs include "We Found Love," by Rihanna and "Sweet Nothing" by Florence of Florence and the Machine. Here's a shot of me and my friends Clint and Mark. I swear, we always bump into them at events like this!


Next I took a picture with my friend from college, Mike, who was working security!


It was the first time I'd ever been to Echostage since it changed from DC Star, but I must say I was pretty impressed. Good sound system, decent outdoor area and plenty of room. The lights were pretty cool too. Wasn't sure if they were the club's or Calvin Harris' but they were top notch. * pew pew pew*



Here's a picture of the crowd from the balcony. I am way too old to be standing in the middle of that...so we mostly stuck by the sides. Because quite honestly as much as I love EDM, the DJ isn't really doing anything worth watching to motivate me to get close to the stage...live DJ acts (i.e.: Diplo) that's a different story


So back to our out of town guests. In addition to showing them around the Hill, we had to show them Georgetown as well, so I made a reservation at Farmers, Fishers, and Bakers to try out their all-you-can-eat brunch! It was super tasty and my first plate looked something like this. Piled on with salad, fruit, guacamole, and taco fillings!


More of the same...the kale salad was phenomenal! 


Too bad I couldn't indulge in any of these that were being passed around by the servers...wah wah...


We strolled around the Georgetown waterfront a little bit to walk off our food babies! LOL, Overall it was a good weekend with good food, good music and good friends!


I'll be posting about last weekend's festivities at my friend's wedding in New York sometime soon! I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment