Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Restaurant Week: Farmers Fishers and Bakers

Last Friday, my co-worker, her husband, Justin and I went to Farmers Fishers and Bakers (FFB) for Restaurant Week. I hadn't participated in Restaurant Week in a long time and had never been to FFB (even before the flood/renovation) so I was excited to try it out.
 
For our starter, Justin got the vegetable barley soup (which was average according to him) and I got the smoked salmon roll. Unlike most restaurant week menus, we were able to order most items off the regular menu, with some parameters of course (i.e.: no pork belly belly sushi rolls (darn!) and all entrees priced at $24 and under). What amazed me about FFB was the wide variety of food they had on their menu. They had everything from sushi, burgers/sandwiches, pizzas and roasted meat mains.

 
My co-worker's hubby went with the deep dish pizza.
 
 
While she went with the seared Lemon Meunière Diver Scallops...

 
Justin opted to get the 16 oz. Grilled Pork Porterhouse. It was tasty and juicy, but what I really liked on his dish was the corn pudding tamale on the side. Needless to say, I traded him a bit of my dish for the tamale!

 
I got the Cracklin' Pork Shank with Street Corn Off-the-Cob, Peanut-Cider Slaw, Red Eye Gravy. The pork shank wasn't as "cracklin" (read: crispy) as I thought it would be, but it was delicious nonetheless!


Although I was pretty full from our appetizer and entree, I still had room for dessert and boy were we in for a treat! For our dessert, selections we weren't limited to a few choices. If you thought we were given meager portions for dessert, you'd have to think again! I manged to get get the last slice of butternut cake with a side of bourbon ice cream. The cake was moist and decadent and the ice cream was the perfect complement. I obviously couldn't finish the cake so I gladly took the rest home.
 
 
Justin got the peanut butter pie which was sumptuous! The peanut butter filling was creamy and mousse-like and the peanuts distributed throughout (along with the graham cracker crust) gave it a perfect crunch.
 
 
Although I didn't take a picture of them, I got some cocktails as well. The bourbon mule I ordered was delicious (quite refreshing for a bourbon drink believe it or not), while the shandy beer cocktail I ordered is something I could have passed on.
 
Overall, I would say that we had a great experience! The company was lovely and the food was superb! I've heard so many good things about FFB's brunch (it's on my to-do list!), however, I would say their dinner is also something not to be missed!
 
Do you like going out during Restaurant Week? If so, what was the last place you tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment