Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend Review: Super Bowl Edition

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a good weekend. Did you watch the Super Bowl and did your team win? Although, I've lived in Maryland since 1997 up until about three years ago, but I'm a die hard Redskins fan. Geographically where my family is from, Gaithersburg, MD is closer to Washington, DC than it is to Baltimore--just a little FYI. You would think I would support the local team, but for some reason the Ravens never did it for me, and my hubby would kill me if I rooted for his beloved Steeler's division rivals.  

 
My AFC team used to the Colts when Peyton Manning was there so I might be in the market for a new AFC team...anyway, I digress...

Our Super Bowl Sunday started off bright and early with a trip to Costco to pick up some last minute items and our groceries for the month. We scooped up Jill from the metro and started prepping for the evening's events.

We popped the spiral ham in the slow cooker so guests could make their own ham sandwiches with mustard and pretzel bread (which we bought from Costco). 
 
 

 
And since we had an over abundance of Bisquick I decided to do Make-Ahead Bisquick Sausage Ball Appetizers, since I'm not much of a cook and the recipe seemed pretty simple.
 
 
Taking the sausage out of the casing....mmmm...

 
Any recipe where I get to use the Kitchen-Aid is a win-win for me. Is it weird that I sometimes think about using my Kitchen-Aid to mix my tuna fish salad? #lazycook

 
After mixing, all I had to do was make them into balls and then bake for 20 minutes. Easy!

 
Jill made her own creation "Atomic Buffalo Chicken Turds," which consisted of a jalapeno popper stuffed with real cheese, cream cheese and chicken sausage, wrapped in bacon, dredged in panko breadcrumbs and deep fried. For some reason, I thought I took a picture of them, but apparently I didn't, but trust me they were epic.
 
Jill also made "Slutty Brownies." That's what they're called and they're a real recipe! Slutty Brownies consist of Oreos layered between cookie dough and brownie mix. They were delicious too!



As a matter of fact, all of the food we had was super tasty! Our party was potluck and people brought so many different items! I have to say that my friends are a really talented bunch in the kitchen! We had a wide variety of dips, chicken, and pasta dishes so there wasn't an empty stomach in sight!


 
The dogs were pooped from all of the surrounding excitement with Derby in front of the oven...

 
And Louie in front of the the fridge...or perhaps they were tired of waiting for the power to come back on in the Superdome...

 
Joos and Ian got the plaid memo...twinsies!

 
A shot of the peeps in the living room...


 
But with the addition of our newly mounted TV a majority of the people seemed to congregate in the in the dining room/kitchen.
 
 
Isn't that funny that despite the 55" TV being in the living room and the 32" TV being in the kitchen everyone seemed to stay near the food?


How about you? Did you host a Super Bowl Party at your place? What type of delish treats did you make or eat? Where do people congregate in your casa? The kitchen? The living room? Times like these kind of make me wish we either had an open concept house or a huge basement where everyone could fit. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment